Brush Calligraphy Workshop and my Singularity Themed Journal

11 May



Hello! I have told you on my previous Journal With Me entry that I will attend a workshop. I joined the Brush and Calligraphy Workshop by sadgrilstudying. I have first stumbled upon Eris (@sadgirlstudying) when I saw a SOPE (Suga and J-Hope) journaling workshop hosted by a cafe+concept store I follow on IG and her. And then, that's when we started talking about journaling and BTS. 

Anyway, you may be wondering why I joined. Actually...I did not really have proper training on calligraphy. Although I know you see my works before, I know it's not that good. Also, sadly, I am my own enemy. I belittle my own work. I guess that is because I strive for being better. I am not contented (sometimes? most of the times). sigh... But... guys thank you for your kind words and appreciating my works. 💋

You know what? I had a one on one workshop with her! HAHA. I am unavaible on her 2 day workshop and she offered we can do one on one and of course I agreed! She can look closely on my work, right? That's a good deal.


Those on the photo above are the materials provided to me. A notebook, Pilot Petit3 Fude Brush Pen (medium), basic strokes tutorial and worksheets and a cactus sticker pack. I paid ₱750.00 with the kit included and food/drink consumables. Eris started the session with the Introduction to Brush Calligraphy. 

Some key points:

  1. Difference between writing with a pen and a brush pen - Pressure Sensitivity
  2. One stroke = one hand movement
  3. The more pressure, the thicker the stroke gets
  4. Think in strokes, not in letters

Then, she taught me the basic strokes. So basically guys, up stroke is less pressure, down stroke requires more. I knew that the strokes commonly used are: entrance stroke, underturn, overturn, compound stroke, oval, ascending stem loop, descending stem loop and full pressure down stroke. These, when combined, can create beautiful lettering. 
photo from http://www.rothbyrnscreative.com
After I learned all strokes, I was demonstrated how to do each letters using the strokes and then do it myself until I get used to writing them. 
trying calligraphy for my name "aika" and some of the letters i did on my worksheet
I really enjoyed the workshop. I feel fulfilled. 💙 I was happy I was already able to do the proper strokes per letter 😛 My final activity was to write in calligraphy a lyrics of a song. I wrote the lyrics of Euphoria

a little shaky penmanship
#Singularity

Journal time!

Hello! This is yet another BTS related journaling post. I decided I will call my BTS related journaling as #JournalWithBTS. Is it a good label for this? Hihi.


The comeback trailer was just recently released and you know what I did after.🙈 I think I had a total of 30 cut outs. You know one of the reasons I was hooked to BTS is because of their music videos. The mvs have deep storyline and with references to books, mythologies and arts. 


do the photos remind of you of  any stage play?
// I dumped myself into the lake.  //
 // Over the winter lake I was thrown. //
-Singularity, BTS V

Narcissus was punished by the Goddess of Revenge, he saw his own reflection and fell in love to it. Narcissus figured his love and desire cannot be obtained, and so he killed himself.
-The Myth of Narcissus, Roman version by Ovid

screenshot cutouts from Singularity Music Video (LOVE YOURSELF 轉 Tear 'Singularity' Comeback Trailer)

When I do journaling now, I want to have a specific theme per spread. Since Euphoria and GCF in Osaka, it was not hard for me to achieve it because of course, since the videos already have a concept, it makes everything just cut and paste and a little magic on my notebook. 💓

I can't wait to show you to the next ones, BigHit just released the concept photos per album version and on next week, the title track comeback music video. 

Watch Singularity!






xoxo,

have a lovely day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

PCT ON INSTAGRAM